Sunday, February 28, 2010

The collar and fringes are finished.


This is a shot of the finished collar, I hand stitched the grafted on collar to the fold out front flap stitching about an inch from the front of the garment out towards the collar points to make the collar cohesive.




The fringe from the back is cut with a inverse "Batman's Cape" point. Since there is not a lot of detail in the garment's body I decided to put some into the fringe.

I decided to go with the original idea and leave the sides open, no button, no closure at the sides. I'll just let it hang loose from the shoulders, otherwise if it shifts a bit to one side or the other it will drape with a, none too pretty, baggy, lopsidded loop at the bottom.

3 comments:

  1. Very Nice! Did you write down the pattern as you worked on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write down the pattern? Now how'd I go 'bout doing that? LOL.
    I am not a pattern follower not a pattern creator. I can tell you what I did, general instruction style but pattern, not me. Besides, with all the ripping n reknitting that goes into these projects, the pattern writeup would look like torn up a battle field.

    ReplyDelete