Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Shrug, no matter how you wear it

I was inspired to create my shrug by this website; http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-055.
I did not use the pattern that is offered on this site but I used the pictures and the video as a jumping off point for this shrug;
front and back


~ ~ ~ ~ ~


This is how it looks when you turn it the other way up (I do not want to call a it upside down becuse there seems to be no right side up, it is right both ways).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~






This is a peak under the collar to see how it is seamed up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~








It is done mostly in seed stitch with a ribbed edge and two rows of wrapped needle stitches. It is knit from side to side the long way, not from end to end. It is warm, interestingly fashionable and so versitle, everyone who sees it loves it. I used Wenseydale yarn from Crimson Shamrock in West Virginia. A lovely long staple yarn that knits up beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment