Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm back

Sorry, it's been a while since I've posted but I'm back n I've finished that set of place mats.


There are four, the first (on top) was a basket weave; ten stitches per square.

Then the next one is lateral ribs, K two rows, P one row, then K the next two. Purl one row, K two rows repeat the; P 1 row, K 2 rows to fill 7 inches.

Under that one there is the offset rib, K 5, P 5 off setting every other row and knitting the return (back) row to keep it flat.

Then lastly on the bottom, there was the framed moss stitch. It is framed in stockinette on the outside and K one row and Purl the next row, for the frame's, "matting." The center is a variation of the moss stitch.

They are finished with a variety of tassles, tufts and fringes.

I like the look of different stitches on each but the same yarn, the variety of textures adds interest. If I had enough of the yellow white cotton yarn I'd do two more of them, but alas, e-bay only had the one cone listed.

btw, sorry, that table is trashed, it is the one we use on the back porch for everything from woodworking/glueing and crafts to BBQ work station. It gets wiped down often but never really quite looks nice unless I put a table cloth on it. The advantage that it offers is that the natural light there is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment