Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ta daaa, finally a pair of socks.


I finished them. My first pair of socks. They are not particularly pretty nor fancy but just getting this generic pair finished was a huge accomplishment for me. You might have realized by now that I am someone who hates following instructions for knitting so the minutia of a sock's heel tab, heel and toe were torture for me.
They are ribbed, k1,p1, at the top and for those who 'do socks' I used the k1, s1 bit to start the heel and a Kitchener stitch to close the toe. They are really a pretty generic accomplishment but for me they were a rather big deal. I lost count of the many incarnations of my first sock, but when the first of this pair was finished, the second one was easy!
Now I can happily get creative on the next pair. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment